Thursday, January 22, 2009

Babies, Babies, Babies!!!

WOW...

What an awesome week I have had so far! I got to see one of my besties Morgan Grayson, had an AMAZING dinner, and better than amazing conversation. It was soooo good to catch up and get some time with her just us. I mean, the husbands are great and all...but it's rare that the two of us just have been able to sit down and  talk for hours. It really was so great.

THEN I got to hang out with my mother-in-law and future sister-in-law on Sunday day and night. So good to catch up! Patricia and I went to an awesome restaurant called Eclipse De Luna in Atlanta...how can you go wrong with wine and cheese...honestly!!!

From there, off to Savannah/Tybee to see my dear friend Bethee and her new little one, Tully. WOW. To see friends with their children is truly one of my favorite things. It just so unbelievable that we are all there (well, almost all;). Tully is an absolute dream. So so so cool to finally get to meet him!!! I think that by the end of the second day he MAY have even been flirting with me!! ;) Well, I'd like to believe so anyway.

Yesterday, I arrived in Beaufort, South Carolina, to see my BFF from high school, Bethany! I know I keep saying it, but WOW. Preggers with TRIPLETS and she couldn't look any more amazing. I mean, how is it possible that she is still THIN???? We sat and talked and had a wonderful night just watching TV. We both commented on how cool it is that with best friends...it always feels like you just saw each other. 

Then this morning...the kicker...I got to go with her to see the babies!!! We went to the Doctor (had some VERY good test results) and then had an ultrasound. Oh my goodness...if I am blessed with the ability to have my own children someday, I cannot even imagine the feeling of seeing them on a screen like that. I started crying and they're not even MINE!! 

From there, off we went to breakfast to celebrate the great morning...and now little Bee is upstairs resting as I sit here and just mull over what an awesome week I have had so far. I think that the best way for me to phrase this week so far and how it has affected me is perspective. To be so blessed with SO many friends who I can sit with and just chat, or challenge each other, or cry together...it is truly overwhelming. THEN to be able to sit with some of those dear dear friends and see the BEAUTY of life, and how blessed we are in our relationships (of course I'm missing my amazing husband more than words can express!), our families...it almost makes me wonder how I can ever think that what I do for a living, or where I live, or my material possessions have EVER been a thought in my mind. Silliness.

Well, I'm sure I'll be blogging more about all of that as I still have four days of my trip left, and at least a dozen great friends still to see!!! 

Off to decide what I can cook my little Bee and Baby A, Baby B, and Baby C for dinner! Oh, and David, too!!

Love you all,

Me. 

1 comment:

Beth, Tully and Tully IV said...

We had a GREAT time visiting and it was way too short. Thanks again for including us as a stop, it meant a lot to see you!