Monday, March 2, 2009

Besties and Whatnot...

What an awesome weekend! My bestie Bobo was in town and I got to have her on Saturday night (yes, there is a long line of people waiting for time with her she is THAT in demand). It was soooo good to get to talk and talk...and talk...and talk. Here Dad, Rodger, was at dinner with us, as well, which is especially cool because he married Nicholas and I!

I know I have said this before about best friends, but there's just something that feels like home. I think it's because Bobo really truly is just about the closest thing to what I imagine God's love feels like here on earth. I  mean, Nicholas is up there too, for sure...but there is something about your best GIRLfriend. The one that makes you tell her your deepest darkest JUST so that she can say "no big deal". Absolutely wonderfully brilliantly best friendly.

Then on Sunday Rodger came back and we all had lunch together. Bo said something about how that is TRULY what the Sabbath is about and it really made me think...we need to get back to that as a culture. ENJOYING each other. Just talking, communing, laughing, questioning...

SO tack that on to my goals for 2009..."remember the Sabbath and keep it holy".

Loves!

Me. 

No comments: