Monday, March 16, 2009

California

I honestly think that the state of California may be one of the most beautiful places in the world. 

Nicholas and I drove up Highway 1 on Saturday through Big Sur to Monterey. All I could think of the whole time was how AMAZINGLY and WONDERFULLY creative our God is! Just the feeling of being SO small, and SO awestruck by the grander of those cliffs, and then to look out and see the vastness of the ocean. It was one of my favorite moments to date. Nicholas and I traded DJ duty, and right as we were passing over the famous bridge, "our" song was on...of COURSE I started BAWLING...and I think he teared up a bit too! We are SO blessed!!

Then on Sunday we woke up and took the drive through Pebble Beach to Carmel...just about as Holy as it gets. Surely as Holy as any Church service I have been to! I think sometimes that just being with each other, really feeling the weight of our unconditional love is the best Church there is! We then drove through Salinas, went to the Steinbeck Museum, and then headed home. 

It was truly an amazing weekend...I have said it before and I'll say it again...I have the BEST husband in the WORLD!!

Love to you all!

Me. 

No comments: